[sldev] Setting Windlight through Estate parameters

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 08:17:20 PDT 2008

Marine Kelley wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Yesterday I have released a new feature to the custom viewer I
> maintain : the ability to control someone's Windlight settings through
> a script. This allows a land owner to make the visitor (who is using
> my viewer and a "relay" attachment) see the place exactly the way they
> want and not being able to change.

This is exactly the sort of feature that

http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-550

Was intended for.

By setting aside a reserved block of client-exported chat channels for
open source use and a reserved block for LL use, these features could
transition from community features to Linden features with minimal
client side code changes.

-Jason