[sldev] Sim Size Limits?

Ricky kf6kjg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 19:52:50 PDT 2008

Getting a function defined that returns the size of the simulator would make
any future transition a little easier.  Also note that code (read: server,
client, and script code,) should not assume that simulators are always going
to have their Z0 matched to the world's Z0.  In the future it would be
really nice to have different sized sims, and even stacked sims.  A use case
for stacked sims is underground, aboveground, high-altitude, and "space"
sims.

On a side note, physics for a space sim might be made easier making the sim
capable of being larger without hurting the physics engine.  Simply reduce
prim-level collisions to only sphere-sphere collisions.  Most space sims
would be about flying craft at insane velocities... :D

Does anybody have a JIRA link for a function to request the sim size?
Ricky