[sldev] CMake 2.6.2 RC 3

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at lindenlab.com
Mon Sep 8 11:11:49 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 7:12 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:

> I have a RC for CMake 2.6.2.  One of the driving forces behind getting out
> a new 2.6 release was to build second life (as there are some issues with
> 2.6.1).

Thanks, Bill.

I'll second his request to give this CMake RC a whirl. The 2.6 series fixes
several dependency analysis bugs in 2.4.8 (the current minimum version that
we support). These bugs can lead to the viewer failing to be rebuilt when
libraries it depends on change, which can cause confusion and broken builds.

If the 2.6.2 release candidates look solid, we're likely to mandate its use
after it's released.