[sldev] Re: SLDev Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22

Darien Caldwell darien.caldwell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 15:58:05 PDT 2008

Well, I can't speak for LL, but It seemed pretty clear to me that they
were starting this group because they feel LL isn't receptive to the
changes they want to do. In other words "if we can't get LL to do it,
we will fork our own viewer."  Which is fine.

There are a lot of viewers out there now, I learn of new ones every
day. And everyone has their own take on how things should be done. In
the end people will choose the viewer that works best for their needs.
And there's nothing anybody can do to stop that, short of LL refusing
connections from anything but their own viewer. I don't get a sense
they will move in that direction though.

Different Lindens run their office hours in different ways. I do agree
it's unique to have a guest speaker, but it's not an unheard of
convention in teaching circles. It may boil down to they have nothing
more pressing to discuss at the moment. :)