[sldev] Question: Replacing current group chat with XMPP?

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 02:41:53 PDT 2008

dr scofield wrote:
> Edward Artaud wrote:
>> Clearly there's some change in roadmap implied by the introduction of
>> SLim that these OGP plans aren't taking into consideration.
>>
> so, question: what is the purpose of SLim? is it similarly "open" as the
> voice stuff is?

Apparently SLim has no role in the future of open grid, except in so far
as it is another thing that will break when we change things.  Rob has
assured me that these proprietary vivox protocols are not part of any
long term strategy.

Which does make you wonder why anyone would invest in a dead end, but
Linden works in mysterious ways.

-Jason