[sldev] Re: recoppiling all scripts in an object makes scripts set as not running run again

Andromeda Quonset AndromedaQuonset at comcast.net
Tue Sep 16 16:18:40 PDT 2008

At 04:52 PM 9/16/2008, you wrote:
>At 02:48 PM 9/16/2008, you wrote:
>>On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Tigro Spottystripes
>><tigrospottystripes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > the other day I tried converting an object of mine to be full Mono and I
>> > noticed all scripts set to not-running prior to the object wide recopile
>> > started to run again, is this supposed to happen? (I also noted
>> that several
>> > scripts were not found, and amazingly one script that used to not be found
>> > now is)
>>
>>Recompiling will set them as running again, yes. Back when "Set
>>Scripts in Selection to Running" wasn't working, I would use the
>>compile option as a workaround. It would take longer, but have the
>>same effect.
>>
>>Now that setting scripts to running works, you can probably get away
>>with adding a jira to make recompiling preserve the running state.
>>
>>-Stickman
>
>I think it would be un-wise to make compiling preserve the running state.
>There is already a problem with reset not clearing the running
>state, and the only solution being to recompile the script,
>something which doesn't work for customers who do not have
>recompile-permissions to scripts, but now you want to
>make it absolutely impossible to clear the running state by anyone anywhere?

I see where I have misunderstood "running state" with "running"
state.  I was concerned with the "running state" in reference to
using the compiler to  recompile a script in order to clear current
variables, and return the script to default_state, rather than
whether the script was set for running or not.

I have just added what I hope is a useful comment to
<http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-2987>http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-2987