[sldev] Curious about latest trunk update/LLSD changes/InventoryService

Tofu Linden tofu.linden at lindenlab.com
Thu Sep 18 02:43:45 PDT 2008

Ambrosia wrote:
> What we see are the new capabilities
>
> FetchInventory
> WebFetchInventoryDescendants
> FetchLib
> FetchLibDescendants
>
> I'm just curious about what's being worked on here, as it seems to be
> quite a change in the inventory backend or its connections :>

I've not been involved in that, but if I remember correctly the new
capabilities allow the inventory data to be bulk-transferred over TCP
instead of trickling over the circuit code in tiny fragments.  This,
I believe, is intended to improve reliability (and speed) of
inventory-loading, eliminating a cause of *perceived* inventory loss.
There may be other goodies in there...

-tofu