[sldev] Security Update to SL Viewers and source code

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Sat Sep 27 07:12:32 PDT 2008

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:11:03 -0700, Ramzi wrote:

> .../... However, we strongly
> encourage Second Life Residents to update to the latest viewer with the
> security patches in place. The viewers are:
>
> * Second Life Release Viewer 1.20.16 (this updates 1.20.15, released on
> July 24th)
> * Second Life Release Candidate Viewer 1.21 RC3 (this updates RC2 and
> includes additional bug fixes as part of the usual release candidate cycle)
>
> Older viewers (such as the 1.19 series) are not being required to
> upgrade to version 1.20.16, but we encourage Residents to update if
> possible to take advantage of the latest bug and security fixes.

What about residents with "old" computers and who can't run v1.20+ with
decent frame rate ?...

Well, I backported the fix to v1.19.0.5, and I use it in the corresponding version of the Cool SL Viewer (http://sldev.free.fr/). The patch is avialable here:

http://sldev.free.fr/patches/11905/slviewer-0-v11905-SecurityFixBackport.patch.bz2

Henri.