[sldev] Code review for those of you with commit access

lists.secondlife.com at trap.wereanimal.net lists.secondlife.com at trap.wereanimal.net
Wed Apr 1 00:49:59 PDT 2009

On Monday 30 March 2009 08:23:55 pm Rob Lanphier wrote:

> More info can be found here:
> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/HTTP_Texture_Development
>
> Comments welcome.
>
> Rob

There been some chatter about the http-texture branch on IRC lately. Just
wanted to chime in that on my gentoo overlay, I've update the secondlife-http-
texture ebuild to work with the current branch.

This overlay is for the benefit of gentoo users to test or use the secondlife
client. There is more then just the main seccondlife client. Its my
contribution to the effort here.

For gentoo users, to add the overlay

layman -f -a techwolf -o 'http://gentoo.techwolf.net/overlays.xml'

Then you have your choice of what branch of the secondlife client to test or
use.

emerge -av secondlife

emerge -av secondlife-http-texture

emerge -av secondlife-trunk

emerge -av secondlife-featurettes

emerge -av secondlife-render-pipeline

emerge -av secondlife-maint-viewer

emerge -av secondlife-webkit

Plus some alternate third party viewers.

They all can be emerge/install at the same time. To use a branch/version, one
can use the menu or the command line of the name. ie:secondlife-http-texture

Some more info is at gentoo.techwolf.net

--Techwolf Lupindo