[sldev] Updated streaming patch, would like to commit

Anders Arnholm Anders at Arnholm.se
Wed Apr 1 04:07:20 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 02:19:08AM +0200, Dale Glass wrote:
> On Среда 01 апреля 2009 01:43:29 Tofu Linden wrote:
> > FMOD has its own streaming audio implementation which is used by
> > default when FMOD is enabled - gst/qt are always used for streaming
> > video, but are only used for streaming *audio* when FMOD is
> > disabled (i.e. you're using OpenAL).
>
> Ahh, I see I've not been digging deep enough.
>
> Ok. And with OpenAL there, what prevents the removal of FMOD? With
> OpenAL getting added, I imagine FMOD should disappear at some point?

Imho, sadly OpenAL + PulseAudio + Unbuntu is noit stable. However 1.22.x
was the last I tested it much and imho the imprudance version i hacked
was stable. Now this are two different machined my development and my
runtime. Maybe, just maybe flash video in firefox, locks some sound
resource interfearing with this. As long LL can send and the FMOD code
don't need extra suppport i like to see it included.

> But I guess this means fmod support will be needed for the time being at
> least. I'll try to add support for that as well then.

FMod don't have as nice support for this a gstreamer, the patch you did
was the obvius next step when i hacked openal for imprudance.

/ Balp
--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,
 o/  /\    anders at arnholm.se