[sldev] Source directory housekeeping / organizing?

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 10:23:39 PDT 2009

Dale Mahalko wrote:

> For example, in the latest public release ZIP I see in \newview..
>
> 146 files named llfloater*.cpp
> 88 files named llpanel*.cpp
> 40 files named lltool*.cpp
>
> Um, shouldn't all that be located in \llui ? All the dialog boxes aka
> floaters and panels and tools are apparently part of the "user
> interface"....

Personally no, llui is the component controls of the UI interface, such
as textboxes, list boxes etc, thats a nice self contained group as it
is. In theory with a little bit more clean-up that becomes a self
contained GL UI widget set.

The various implementations of floaters and panels could potentially go
in a sub folder, but when there is low level network and packet handling
code in the implementation of some of the floaters its very difficult to
draw the line to divide up.

Robin