[sldev] Calling Cards (was Re: VWR-10311 Enabling lip sync by default)

Aimee Trescothick aimee.trescothick at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 03:32:43 PDT 2009

On 30 Apr 2009, at 02:53, Jason Giglio wrote:

> Soft wrote:
>> One can also create a folder of calling cards and right-click on it
>> start a group chat with that set of resis. I believe calling cards
>> can
>> also be dragged into an existing multi-user chat to invite more
>> attendees. This is really functionality that should exist in the
>> contact manager. I suspect it was done the current way for
>> implementation expediency.
>>

> It's already in the contact manager too... IIRC you can ctrl-select
> multiple friends and initiate a friends chat that way.

That's not really the same though, for example I have the calling
cards of a small group of friends that regularly go exploring together
in a folder, so I can quickly start an ad-hoc group chat with them
without having to search for and select each name in my friends list
every time. To do the same there would need to be way of grouping your
own friends list, or tagging contacts.

As far as I know there's no other way of adding people to an existing
ad-hoc chat without dragging calling cards at present.

Aimee.