[sldev] About the http-texture project

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Thu Apr 30 11:43:01 PDT 2009

Philippe Bossut (Merov Linden) wrote:
> Not sure which missing documentation you're referring to but we have 3
> at the moment:

OK, let's say Joe Sldev (I think the name is Serbian) has a great idea
that he want's to get into the SL viewer.

Is this new open source viewer (aka http-texture) his new open source
portal or is it a sneaky underhanded backdoor to infiltrate the viewer
codebase?

He has a PJIRA entry with a patch file.  How does that make its way to
the SVN project?  Does he have to worry about getting it into the SVN
branch?  Are there gatekeepers along the way?  What if someone objects?
    Do we end up with SVN wars like Wiki wars?

When the project gets merged to the branch, and the branch to the trunk,
and the trunk to the RC, and the RC to the standard viewer, who does all
that merging?  Does anyone test it along the way?  Does everything in
the project get merged at once, or do selected patches get merged
separately?

Does anybody document what's going on?  Does anyone even document the
new or modified functionality?  Where?  At what point of the process?

Enough for now.

Mike