[sldev] About the http-texture project

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Thu Apr 30 15:53:59 PDT 2009

Mike Monkowski schrieb:
> Philippe Bossut (Merov Linden) wrote:
>
>> On Apr 24, 2009, at 3:36 PM, Philippe Bossut (Merov Linden) wrote:
>> Rob followed by a post of his own and updated the wiki describing the
>> branches:
>>     http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Source_branches
>>
>> I hope this clears the objective of the svn hierarchy.
>>

> So "Merov Linden" is "we" the open source developers?  Not a Linden?
>
> The wiki page has a Note! and a Warning! that basically say don't
> believe anything you read there.
Ah, that's because it was me who updated the wiki from Rob's post, not
Rob himself. I don't have the whole picture, and I know that, that's
why. Actually, the "Note!" is only for the future scenario when the
current state isn't valid anymore (which might be soon, but surely not
*this* soon), but the wiki page wasn't updated again until then. That's
why I've put a date into it, so people can judge how likely that is at
the specific time they're viewing the page. Once the repo structure has
reached a more stable state and that has been documented, the "Note!"
should be removed. The "Warning!" only applies for the stuff below it.
Some part of that might still be accurate (except for the "release" to
"trunk" rename), but I can't tell which part, so I've just left that
stuff around and added the warning box.
> Concerning "projects" all it says is
>
>> linden/projects/* Later on, Linden Lab wanted to have a more serious project that was more of a shared effort that they were conducting with an external vendor in the public repository, so they created the projects area.
As a description of that area in the tree, that's still accurate, I
think. It's what I condensed from Rob's mail at
https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/sldev/2009-April/013510.html

I'll add some sub-list-items describing the branches (or the
corresponding projects) in that area. (Or feel free to do so yourself)

cheers
Boroondas