[sldev] Something is up with crash rate

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Wed Aug 5 10:27:51 PDT 2009

On 08/05/2009 03:53 AM, Carlo Wood wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 10:42:15AM +0000, tinselsilvera at frontiernet.net wrote:
>
>> I can only speak of my own experience. I had no reportable issues with Release 1.0.2.2451 when I first used it.  With the next two releases my experience got progressively worse. Crashing out, slow rezz, slow load, etc.  I went back to the Release 1.0.2.2451 and the only two issues I'm currently having is my inventory doesn't fully load about half the time and I crash out when I have the upload window open too long when looking for files on my pc.  Something seems to have changed along the way.
>>

> Can you compile the viewer yourself?
> It would help a lot if you could pin point the exact revision
> at which the problems start to occur.

A couple of comments:
1.  You don't need to compile your own viewer to help in this way.
Older versions are available here:
https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/sldev-commits/2009-July/date.html

Look for the mails that say "successful build"

2.  It's best to look through the full history, not just the
doc/contributions.txt list as Carlo wrote:
http://svn.secondlife.com/trac/linden/log/projects/2009/snowglobe/trunk

While some of the commits are clearly not problematic (e.g. CG's test
commits late in the game), there was a big change at r2486 that very
well might be the culprit, but would be missed by looking at
contributions.txt.

Rob