[sldev] SnowGlobe and copybots

Stickman stickman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 04:48:07 PDT 2009

Bill,

I'm not sure this issue relates to open source development in Second
Life. You mention it in the end -- but your point is like saying you
can use a yard stick to hit someone with. Sure, but that's not the
intended utility. If they really wanted to hit someone, they'd use
whatever was handy.

As for your issue, you may want to reread the Terms of Service
everyone has to agree to in order to log into Second Life. Stealing
other people's content, harassment, griefing -- it's not allowed. You
can Abuse Report the people that do so. If you're a content creator
and they steal your creations you can file a DMCA notice and Linden
Labs will look into the copyright infringement.

Terms of Service - http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php
Abuse Reporting -
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Help:When_and_how_to_file_an_Abuse_Report
DMCA - http://secondlife.com/corporate/dmca.php

Also, I created a Jira a little while back recommending a brave Lawyer
Linden open up some office hours:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/MISC-3263 Seems like a good time to
promote it.

Happy SLing!