[sldev] Direction for Snowglobe 1.3

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Tue Dec 1 19:48:16 PST 2009

Mike Monkowski wrote:
> Lawson English wrote:
>> Along with the puppeteering branch should be a way of accessing  the
>> puppeteering related events/packets/data/gui elements/whatevers from
>> a plugin interface.
>>
>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Saijanai_Kuhn/Plugins_discussion#Puppeteering_Plugin
>

> Are you volunteering to build a plugin interface for it or is this
> just a wish for someone else to do it?  If the former, then you should
> describe your interface in more detail so others could comment on it.
> If the latter, then you misunderstand the purpose of the Snowglobe
> branch. Snowglobe incorporates code that has already been written and
> tested.  It is a good idea to discuss here what you intend to write,
> but  the implication is that you do intend to implement it if there is
> general approval.
Busy learning squeak smalltalk right now (reimplementing my python
presence code in squeak)

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Example_protocol_code

Once I get more proficient in smalltalk, its off to C# to figure out how
to connect squeak to gridproxy, and then to connect squeak to the SL
media plugin API (see proposed plugin extension for how it will
eventually work
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Saijanai_Kuhn/Plugins_discussion)

After that, it should be a pretty kool prototyping system for testing
new ideas about SL, including new APIs for plugins and the like.

Lawson