[sldev] Direction for Snowglobe 1.3

Aleric Inglewood aleric.inglewood at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 03:26:31 PST 2009

Hi Merov,

what about multiple attachments per attachment point?

The problem is that the correct way to implement this needs
server-side patches too.
That is not a reason not to continue, I just mention it to make clear
that this is NOT
a snowglobe thing.

I regret it that we don't have a good communication link with ALL LL developers,
only with the handful that is working on snowglobe, or maybe I'm just missing
an overview. Is there anyone here who could say: Ok, lets change the
server-client
protocol?

As for the implementation, what is needed is a new mask (at least 16 bit,
but 32 would be nice) that is part of every attachment and which can
be changed by the user EVEN on no-mod objects! I lack the knowledge
of the server code to know if it's at all possible to add/have a modifiable
variable on a no-mod object ...