[sldev] Direction for Snowglobe 1.3

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at fishkill.ibm.com
Wed Dec 2 13:45:54 PST 2009

Philippe (Merov) Bossut wrote:
> My own personal contrib to this
> (https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-7703 in a former life...) is
> still up in limbo and all that code is 1.18 base. A really serious
> endeavor. I'm a fan of puppeteering as you know but, then again, is that
> what folks on that list think the priority should be? IOW, would that be
> the feature that would drive folks to use Snowglobe and contribute to it?

It's on my short list.

1. VWR-10924 Magical scripted HUD/UI
2. VWR-6199 Decompile avatar LLM mesh(es) back to their source format,
in order to enable VWR-3432 Improve Avatar Mesh
3. Merge the puppeteering branch into the current release in order to
create an animation editor.

I plan to do it if it's not done by the time I get there.

I've already looked at the code in SVN and it wasn't a clean branch from
the trunk, since it was developed in parallel, but it doesn't span too
many source files.

And you know you really want to do it. :-)

Mike