[sldev] VS2005: Build error (bison)

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 09:24:17 PST 2009

Tillie Ariantho wrote:
> Hello,
>
> btw.
>
> 	Reading VS environment from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\Setup\VS\EnvironmentDirectory
>
> I don't know which VS 2005 you are using, but the one I got yesterday via the downloading installer has NOT this EnvironmentDirectory entry.
>
> So compiling via cmake on command line doesn't work for me. I tried adding it, then VS does a bad call:
>
> 	Error: the command u'"C:\\Progra~2\\Micros~1\\vc\\bin\\devenv.com"' was not found
>
> There is no devenv.com anywhere in VS 2005.
>
> I have no idea how that shall work.

You only get that in the standard and professional editions. express
does not contain that tool.

it is not vital anyway, all you need to do to work around is to run
develop.py as

	develop.py -GVC80

to force it to use VC2005, then you still get the error message but all
is fine, you just need to open the visual studio solution in build-vc80/
then remember to set 3 things

1) The build type to RelWithDbg or Release

2) The Active project to Secondlife or snowglobe (or i think build_all
works too)

3)And also for the secondlife/snowglobe project, right click, go to
properties, debugging-> Set Working directory.. now browse back to the
base of your source tree and find the indra/newview folder, note by
default you will be in indra/build-vc80/newview/relwithdbginfo/ ... (or
something like that)

Robin