[sldev] ShowLookAt

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Mon Dec 14 21:40:12 PST 2009

Hi Larry,

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Laurence Brickner <brickrte at hughes.net>wrote:

>  Meroe succeeded in compiling the client.  Next I made some minor changes
> in LLHUDEffectLookAt.cpp (colors and shapes of the marker)just to make
> sure I was in the right place.  So presumably, I need to “Checkout the file
> and get assigned to SNOW-386.  How do I do this?

If you built and tweaked the code, you apparently already have the file
"checked out". We're using svn which is a concurrent source control system
so there's really no need to lock a file for check out.

For assignment, you're not a Snowglobe committer (yet!) so you should simply
produce a patch and attach the patch file to the JIRA, with a comment about
what you did. Producing a patch file with svn is easy: under cygwin,
navigate to the root of the project and type:
   svn diff > mypatch.patch

We tend to name the patches with the JIRA name so something like
"SNOW-386.patch"

> Also, could you clarify what I need to do to get the client to attempt to
> use a plugin.

This has nothing to do with SNOW-386 right? We only have media plugins
implemented in Snowglobe right now. They need to be dropped along side the
other plugins and whichever mime type they render documented in
mime_types.xml. There's a documentation being written right now by the media
team about all this but they're still working on this.

Cheers,
- Merov