[sldev] Script/Parcel/Memory Limits

Laurence Brickner brickrte at hughes.net
Wed Dec 16 07:47:14 PST 2009

Something about "Where Angels Fear to Tread" comes to mind but.

As a community, we have become very tolerant of poor performance.  I have
often heard the sarcasm "Lag is always with us."  I wondered why.  The
assertion that things are working right now isn't true.  "Things" fall apart
often and that should be unacceptable.  Truth is we often find ourselves on
the precipice.

So I see this as an attempt to do something before "Things" turn brown.
What can be wrong with that?  The most likely outcome will be that we will
become accustomed to a better grade of system performance.

Let's not fight them.  Let's help.

Shorahmin/Larry

  _____