[sldev] LNK4099 warning

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 06:46:11 PST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Laurence Brickner <brickrte at hughes.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m getting many dozens of this type warning:
>
> 1>apr-1.lib(inet_pton.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'apr-1_ib_11.pdb' was not
> found with '..\..\..\libraries\i686-win32\lib\release\apr-1.lib' or at
> 'C:\Documents and
> Settings\Larry\Desktop\SnowGlobe\linden\indra\media_plugins\VNCPlugin\RelWithDebInfo\apr-1_ib_11.pdb';
> linking object as if no debug info

The various prebuilt libs that are dependencies of the viewer do not
have the debug database file with them (the .pdb file) all this means
in practice is that if you are debugging you cannot step into the
library file from visual studio and see nice pretty human readable
things, you will only be able to see assembler from the disassembly
output, when walking in to the library file.

Robin