[sldev] Script/Parcel/Memory Limits - Memory Limit Configuration

Darrius Gothly dgothly at erotobotics.com
Tue Dec 22 04:08:38 PST 2009

llEndScript(integer die=FALSE); ? Or maybe a parameter with constants:
ENDSCRIPT_END, ENDSCRIPT_RETURN, ENDSCRIPT_DIE

The comment about "returning objects" comes from Babbage's office hours on
the 9th of this month where he makes a comment about it.

      [3:42]  Babbage Linden:  that will include functionality for finding
and returning scripted objects

      [3:42]  Babbage Linden:  so everyone will be able to find and clean up
the scripts they don't need

      [3:43]  Babbage Linden:  before we start enforcing limits

However he does add just after that ...

      [3:44]  Babbage Linden:  no one else can see or return your
attachments

And then goes the other way 10 minutes later ...

      [3:53]  Babbage Linden:  Jack is going to be communicating this to
people

      [3:53]  Babbage Linden:  when the limits are enforced, you will end up
with objects being returned

      [3:54]  Babbage Linden:  but hopefully everyone will have enough time
to manage their attachments before that happens

So, yeah, I can understand why people are concerned.

Office hour transcript is here
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Babbage_Linden/Office_Hours/2009_12_09