[sldev] Script/Parcel/Memory Limits - Memory Limit Configuration

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Tue Dec 22 05:42:20 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 08:07:47AM -0500, Darrius Gothly wrote:
> LL really should consider an option on an Object called "Do Not Suspend",

Hey - but they're going to do what they want anyway, as always.
For a short time I had the hope that this would be the exception,
since in this case there are coders involved... but it turns out
that everything was already set in stone anyway (well, the most
important things anyway).

There is not going to a dynamic limits, so you don't have to
worry about suspension :/.

Anyway, maybe opensim will implement dynamic limits (no doubt
they will, limits are needed and the fixed limits are ridiculous).
In that case I agree with you that there needs to be a method
to mark objects that they may not be suspended.

This is one of the cases (there are more) where users of objects
should be able to set flags on no-mod objects. This is a major
issue imho. There are lots of things that the owner of a no-mod
should have control over, but can't because of the way no-mod
is implemented (like symlinks I'd guess, or const references).
At the moment you can't even *rename* an object that is no-mod,
not even if that no-mod is inherited from only a part of it.
That is clearly a bug. If you delink the no-mod prim, then
rename the 'root' and then relink, it DOES have a different
name - so why is it not possible to rename directly? :/

So... what was I saying... Allow users to set flags (also on
no-mod objects) and marking them as "do not suspend". Then
only allow to rez non-suspend objects till the soft-limit.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>