[sldev] Script/Parcel/Memory Limits - Memory Limit Configuration

Imaze Rhiano imaze.rhiano at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 09:53:07 PST 2009

In LL's current proposal is that you (or your object) can't rezz object
to parcel, if script's in rezzing object doesn't fit to parcel's memory.
In this case, you will get error message box - or - if your object is
trying to rezz another object, then rezzing function fails and there is
likely going to be error message in debug channel. Same is happening, if
you try to attach object which scripts don't fit to your avatar memory
(avatar's memory is separated from parcel's memory). Exception for this
rule would be sandbox sims - they wouldn't have memory limits - so you
can rezz any object there.

Vehicles are special case - (I think that) they are using parcel's
memory in their current location. Don't know, what happens for scripts
in vehicle, if parcel where they enter doesn't have enough memory. Maybe
they are not able to enter such parcels.

So - in LL's proposal - scripts are not being disabled because of memory
limits - it is not possible to rezz objects that are using too much memory.