[sldev] Script/Parcel/Memory Limits - Memory Limit Configuration

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Tue Dec 22 12:02:54 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 12:46:50PM -0600, Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> On 2009-12-22, at 07:44, Dzonatas Sol wrote:
> > If someone is not interested in land ownership, why should land limits
> > affect the avatar?
>
> They won't. Babbage has said that each avatar will have a script quota
> independent of the land it's on.

Yes, and that is what we don't want.
It makes no sense to reserve memory of EVERY private sim, paid
for by their respective owners,  for heavy avatars that are normally
not there. If this is how it's going to be then those avatars
should pay for the sim, and the prices for the sim owners should
go down.

And hell, we're ONLY talking about memory yet, not cpu time...
but you all know where this is heading right? In a year you
won't even be able to use your cpu that you pay for anymore,
or at most a fraction of it, because "cpu time has to be
reserved JUST IN CASE suddenly all kind of fashion models
want to join your sim.

Seems I'm the only sim owner here, or everyone is plain mad.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>