[sldev] How to run built viewer binary outside Visual Studio

Ambrosia chaosstar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 23:54:12 PST 2009

Joy:

Make a new folder, somewhere.

Copy the contents of your build-vc90/release/* (or debug, or
relwithdeb) folder into that one. The only exception are the
secondlife-bin.* files aside of the .exe, you don't necessarily need
those.

Also put the following files from the indra/newview/ folder in:

app_settings
character
fonts
skins
all .txt files that include 'feature'

llkdu.dll needs to be grabbed from a plain LL viewer. If you use
OpenAL, you might have to rename openal.dll to openal32.dll, and you
might have to manually copy fmod.dll from your /libraries/ folder into
the new one.

Hope that helps.