[sldev] Who to contact regarding lost inventory during the Maintenance last night

Will wdemauro at verizon.net
Sat Feb 7 08:02:14 PST 2009

Harold,

Just went through a protracted attempt to get back inventory, started with a support ticket and also tried live help- while being sent all over to clear cache and relog in "quiet" areas and on the line with live chat an entire folder I had just made with everything I was wearing disappeared- huds hair jewelry.... what did happen was live chat helped return a valuable item I had lost well over a year ago (ok ok it was a sexgen platinum unit) - then after 4+ hours in live chat I got a response to the support ticket telling me to clear cache and relog in a "quiet" area ..... back to live chat mad as hell.  Was told it would be "escalated and they would be back to me within 24 hours - five days later I contacted live chat again and the next day I got this:

Solution: Hello Dragger,

I'm sorry for the inventory issues you have been experiencing.

I have run an escalated recovery of corrupt items in your inventory and have only recovered 13 items. You will find these in your lost and found folder after you clear cache and relog.

In the chance that you have corrupt cache on your hard drive I recommend you manually delete the Second Life cache folder too.

First detach all worn prims and HUDs from your avatar.

Then log out of SL.

Then open the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\SecondLife

Find the "cache" folder and delete it completely.

Then login to SL to the region "Welsh". Open your inventory and start a inventory fetch.

Wait in the region until the full inventory fetch is completed. This could take upwards of 30 minutes depending on your total inventory size.

Again I do apologize for all of the inventory issues, but this was the last possible tool available to attempt recovering inventory. If you do not find your missing items in Lost and Found after relogging there is nothing else we can do.

Regards,
Kyle Linden
Technical Escalations

Best of luck