[sldev] Windows build of trunk fails during linking

Brad Kittenbrink (Brad Linden) brad at lindenlab.com
Fri Feb 27 12:37:32 PST 2009

I suspect it's due to the recent branch that merged into trunk called
dll-msvcrt.   We switched our project settings to generate code against
the dll MSVCRT implementation, and as a result rebuilt all of our
library packages accordingly (I'll be posting more on this topic shortly).

If I recall, this additional dependency was introduced by accident in
one of the rebuilt library packages (apr I think) and I never took the
time to track down exactly why.  It should be part of the Windows SDK(or
Platform SDK as it used to be called), and if it's missing it might mean
you're using an older version.

We are definitely not using this functionality in the viewer, so I'll
get started on tracking down how to remove this dependency.

In the mean time, if upgrading to the latest version of the WindowsSDK
doesn't fix your problem, I'd be happy to get you a patch that will
revert to the old library builds and static MSVCRT implementation to
work around this issue.

-Brad