[sldev] Alpha Blending Settings Included in Texture Metadata

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Fri Jan 16 06:50:05 PST 2009

Would this solve the simple problems that I ran into?
For example:

A house (with four walls), each wall is nearly opaque, but
they contain an alpha channel (for a few very small windows).
If you stand outside and rotate around a bit, you see walls
that are *behind* the wall that you're standing in front of
first, as if big parts of the wall that your standing in front
of don't exist.

Or, I have a house where a part has floor-to-ceiling windows,
with a stripe (in the texture) every 2 meters or so to 'support'
the glass. If I put an Xmas tree in my livingroom that is
partly transparent, at some angles (most of the angles actually)
you see those stripes in full through the tree - as if the tree
wasn't there at all.

I've never understood why this ordering bug exists; because
I can't think of a reason that makes it hard to get it right :p.
Can someone explain what the problem/reason is for these "features"?

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>