[sldev] OpenAL clients and MP3 streams...

Ambrosia chaosstar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 01:43:36 PST 2009

Thanks for the reply, Anders :>

As I said, I am actually running the client with OpenAL on Windows,
and while there is a GStreamer port for that system (I'd so love to
have apt-get on windows :P), the problem seems that OpenAL isn't
communicating with Quicktime as a media backend correctly, so using
GStreamer instead would fight a symptom, not a cause :>

Tho, given what you said I should check if there are any commented-out
debug messages for the genreal media backend that might help trace the
problem down to its root.