[sldev] built 1.21.6 - how do I run it?

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 00:55:18 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Anna Gulaev <annagulaev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I built 1.21.6 using VC++ 2005 Express and got a 21,228K executable called
> secondlife-bin.exe in newview/release, but when I double-click it I get an
> hourglass for a bit but nothing happens. When I try to run the app in VC2005
> I'm asked for the executable, and when I select it some stuff flashes by in
> the status bar and...nothing happens.

To run from inside VS

Right click on the secondlife.bin project in the solution explorer and
select "start up project"

Right click again on secondlife.bin and go properties. go to
configuration properties -> debugging -> working directory. Now click
the little icon next to the directory input to bring up the file
dialog. Go up a few levels into parent folders untill you are in
linden/indra then select newview

To run outside

You need to copy the contents of the
build-vc80/newview/relwithdbginfo/ folder eg the secondlife.bin.exe
and all the dlls to a folder

Then go to linden/indra/newview and copy all the .txt files to the new
folder you created, then also copy all the other data folders,
character, app_settings, skins, res, res-sdl etc to the new folder.

You now have a staged secondlife ready to run

Robin