[sldev] build problems VC++ 2005 Express

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 00:59:21 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Anna Gulaev <annagulaev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems I get a different problem every time I build. I had an executable but
> it did nothing when I ran it, so I tried rebuilding it. VC++ couldn't
> overwrite the file. Had to reboot before windows would even let me delete
> the file.

The exe was probably still running/locked up in a horrible state due
to not finding its data files when you started it.

> On rebuilding within Visual C++ 2005 Express I get the following. I'm
> assuming the "Didn't find open solution" is a problem?

Not its not, its an indication that you are using Express and the MS
automation API for Visual Studio is not present, thats all. (It is NOT
avaiable for express the automation is only available for full
versions of VS).

All the automation is currently used for is to set the startup project
to secondlife.bin and to set the build type to RelWithDbgInfo. Both
steps are trivial to do by hand but the VSTool output still gives
warnings as its still not aware of express correctly.

Robin