[sldev] Build instructions for MS: python 2.6?

Lear Cale lear.cale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 12:19:32 PST 2009

First, the wiki for building has improved dramatically since my last
attempt.  (I haven't succeeded in building SL since version 19, trying yet
again.  Last time I got stuck in some library hell.  Crossing fingers this
time.)

It looks like things are much tighter regarding dependencies and versions.

Please add the recommended version of Cygwin.  I worked on a project not too
long ago that had serious problems due to changes in crlf handing in some
Cygwin version change.

OK, my question (finally).  On
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Microsoft_Windows_Builds, Getting other
Development Tools, Python, it says:

"If you are using a version of Python newer than v2.5, you may need to
change the Python.cmake file. See discussion for details (this change was
necessary as of 1.21-r99587 source branch). ) "

I can't find this discussion.  It's not in this page, nor in the Discussion
tab for this page, or the MSVS page or its discussion, as far as I can
tell.  I'm going to play it safe and backrev my Python to 2.5, but it would
be nice if someone could fill in the details here.

Thanks again for all the improvements!