[sldev] Viewer security vulnerability disclosure group

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Fri Jan 30 17:31:50 PST 2009

As many of you probably recall, we set out to create an early
vulnerability disclosure group:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-11305

At the end of the discussion last month, I said:

> 3.  In the next month, you should expect to see us announce a policy, or
> else see a sheepish email from me around the end of January saying
> "we're still working on it".  I really don't want to write a sheepish
> email, but know if I don't acknowledge the possibility, then it's just
> that much more likely I'll have to write it.

Here's what I have to say about this:  "bah".  ;-)

There was some prerequisite issues we had to get out of the way, as well
as letting some of our newer team members get up to speed in their
roles.  I'm optimistic that I'll be able to make some better progress on
this in the coming couple of weeks, but no promises.  But ...argh....I
was hoping to be able to say more on this.

Next update ~2 weeks.  Same story, either an announced policy or another
one of these mails.  If it's the latter, I'll try to keep it amusing at
least.  If you have any new thoughts on this subject, put them in VWR-11305.

Thanks
Rob