[sldev] Request for comments on SNOW84

Aleric Inglewood aleric.inglewood at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:05:53 PDT 2009

Hiya all,

http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-84 is crashing me daily and therefore
my bug of choice to tackle next.

I'd like it if some coders, especially authoritive ones (Lindens or committers)
could react to my ideas for the patch that I added to that JIRA.

Basically, my plan would be to rewrite code in a way that it is robust instead
of trying to find where it goes wrong. After looking at the existing code it
*feels* wrong, so much so that to me a rewrite is the correct thing.

A "rewrite" is not a small patch however, so I'd like at least get some ideas
on how it should be done (or just a nod that in principle people agree with
the basic idea).

You may calculate in that I usually write bugfree code ;). Whatever I will
come up will work, but I'll need people who are willing to review it afterwards
too of course :p So, anyone ok with -basically- reviewing a somewhat
more drastic patch to make this code more robust? Or should I try a
different approach?

Aleric