[sldev] Script Function llDetectedTouchUV(int index)

Karl Stiefvater qarl at lindenlab.com
Tue Jul 7 12:26:15 PDT 2009

> I'm looking for the part in the Second Life
> Viewer Source code (svn), that makes it possible to get the face / UV
> position of a selected prim so that the script function
> llDetectedTouchUV() can work.

all that information is computed by our (new) ray tracing code.

at the highest level: you want to call
gPipeline.lineSegmentIntersectInWorld(start, end, ...)

or at a lower level: viewer_object->lineSegmentIntersect(start,
end, ...)

or at the lowest level for prims (volumes): volume-
 >lineSegmentIntersect(start, end, ...)

or you can just search for "lineSegmentIntersect".  :)

K.