[sldev] RFC: design proposal for VWR-1071

Philip Rosedale philip at lindenlab.com
Tue Jul 21 18:58:42 PDT 2009

Hi All!  Apologies for coming in late, I've been travelling on east coast.

Automating the storage and retrieval of different avatar names seems
great!  BUT... making the login screen more complicated seems really
bad.   I have an incredibly hard time getting behind adding any controls
to that screen!

Hmm... I haven't discussed this with any other Linden's, but perhaps an
interesting way to achieve both goals would be the following:

1.  Rename "remember password" to "remember me on this computer"

2. IF checkbox from #1 is enabled, don't display the login screen at
all!  Just skip it and login instantly, like skype, etc.  So a recurring
user with the same account (most of them) gets the nice new benefit of a
faster login.

3.  Add a "logout and login as new user or on a different grid" menu
option to file menu.  If you choose this option you logout and restart
the client and get the screen in cypren's prototype.

Thoughts?

Philip