[sldev] Improving Existing Prim Modeling Tools

Robert Martin robertltux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:05:33 PDT 2009

Getting a good mesh/primset editor would be a huge upgrade to the
current toolset

advantages
1 it would confuse the newbie set less
2 you could separate the multiwindow just short of blender controls
from the on grid tools
(preventing a client showstopper)
3 it would require somehow getting the avatar mesh out of the client
and into some sort of 3d editor format (side note is anybody working
on porting vwr-6199 to a Snowglobe/1.23 compatible format??)

disadvantages
1 it would be a semi massive effort
2 we could land up in format hell very quickly

im just making my throws here so if im wrong....
--
Robert L Martin