[sldev] Body motion and facial expression tracking, Microsoft did it

Tigro Spottystripes tigrospottystripes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 20:58:36 PDT 2009

my main use for it probably would be puppetering of the avatar, at least
above waist since I don't like standing up all that much, but I imagine
this can be expanded to many uses, like the example on one of the vids,
driving vehicles without any special controlers, and with a bit of
cooperation of the coders, this could even help to  provide in-world
animation RECORDING, you would be able to turn your own room into a
mocap studio with just SL and a little gadget, and you would be able to
get live preview on the very avatar you intend to use the anim on (in
the cases where a anim is meant for a specific avatar isntead of being a
generic anim)

I hope when that thing hits the stores it will cost at most about as
much as a Wiimote and got a easy way to interface with regular PCs
(isn't the XBox basicly a PC with some purpose built hardware and it's
own unique OS partially inspired by Windows and the DirectX tech?)