[sldev] [HELP] C++ newbie needs help with first compilation

Ambrosia chaosstar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 02:17:26 PDT 2009

Personally I have given up on boost hell and VS express 2008 a while
ago. It just was too frustrating, too kludgy-hacky, and the fixes on
the wiki just brought up new errors. VS 2005 worked, as usual,
flawlessy, as does the Linux build.

Given that VS Express 2005 isn't even offered for download anymore,
and even VS 2005 is going the way of the Dodo, and VS 2010 being in
beta soon..I think it might be time to update the included boost libs,
and end that nightmare.