[sldev] Body motion and facial expression tracking, Microsoft did it

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Tue Jun 2 05:49:43 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 11:51:22PM -0700, Philippe Bossut (Merov Linden) wrote:
> calibration. Also note that the videos by MS are *not* demos (i.e.
> live effective code) but staged shooting.

I didn't want to mention that... but I bet that those videos are
plain FAKE. Those are actors that trained to do those movements,
and had to redo them many times before they got it to look a bit
realistic (and still fail).

I'm sure they got something to work, but those videos are not
prove of how it will feel or be in reality imho.

Big companies have managers that make the decision: we want
this product, it should do this and that by then and then; We will
need advertisement and awareness: make a video that shows this and
that. And then leave it to the techs to make that video. If
the product simply can't deliver (yet), all means are allowed
to make the video anyway.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>