[sldev] Custom bump map and specular mapping?

Feilen feilen1000 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 09:55:29 PDT 2009

I saw with the integration of Shadow Draft that specular accompaniment
to bump maps was finally supported, and in my opinion that was the
highlight of the shadow-draft branch. However, would it be possible to
enable specular mapping without deferred rendering, as a regular
feature? Also, another problem with the bump map in general is that
there are only a set amount of bump maps that can be applied,  which
does not allow for user bump maps. Would it be possible to implement
this as well? It could easily be placed in an 'Advanced Lighting'
section of the texture map, and would make a great stride to making SL
more like modern graphics computing, without forcing those with less
powerful computers to render it.