[sldev] Snowglobe + easybuild

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Fri Jun 5 00:08:31 PDT 2009

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 22:32:20 -0400, Johnnie Carling wrote:

> I thought I'd chime in with my experiences with Snowglobe with easybuild
>
> First of all the compilation worked the easybuild way (Debian sid) and I'm
> using snowglobe right now. But there seems to be 2 issues that I "think" might
> be related to the easybuild process. (But I'm not a developer so I may be very
> wrong)
>
> 1) The mouse cursor. I just have a default black arrow, it does not change
> when I place the mouse over an object you can touch, or when you alt-click for
> example.

In the "secondlife" wrapper script, make sure that
export LL_ATI_MOUSE_CURSOR_BUG=x
is commented out (it normally is by default).

This setting is to work around a hardware bug in some ATI Mobility Radeon
GPUs (such as Mobility Radeon 9600/9700) which can crash the whole computer
under Linux when the hardware mouse cursor is changed while the GPU is 100%
loaded. Enabling this work around means that the mouse cursor is not changed
any more by the viewer (alas, crashes can still happen when the window
manager changes the cursor, for example when moving the cursor over the
border of the viewer window).

Henri.