[sldev] Body motion and facial expression tracking, Microsoft did it

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 11:54:12 PDT 2009

On 2009-06-05, at 23:35, Tateru Nino wrote:
> Avatars don't occupy a common coordinate-space, however. All we
> really know about the avatar is that it is drawn based on the
> position of the dimensionless point representing the agent (and
> offset up to 10m or so within a volume centered on that point). The
> avatar itself (AFAIK) exists in its own independent coordinate-
> space, sans reference to the common coordinate-space in which other
> agents are positioned, and with even less relation to the coordinate-
> spaces of other avatars.

But in the viewer the avatar shares a coordinate space with the world.
Flexible prims attached to the avatar object global forces, not local
ones. Particles from prims attached to the avatar obey a global
coordinate space and can target prims attached to other avatars.
That's the coordinate space this hypothetical "IK tweaking call" would
operate in.