[sldev] Body motion and facial expression tracking, Microsoft did it

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 12:54:13 PDT 2009

On 2009-06-06, at 14:40, Jan Ciger wrote:
> Aha, I see. Well, that is certainly doable, but it will be really
> difficult to use. On the other hand, having an option to actually use
> procedural animation from scripts would be great.

I don't think it would be anywhere near so hard as getting a reliable
animation overrider to work in the first place. :)

Have you looked at the source for Franimation/ZHAO? Oh, there's a
certain amount of gratuitous yak-shaving in the code, but there's all
KINDS of special cases... and even then I'm always tinkering with my
copy to try and stop things like the skipping-up-steps effect.

> I see. I understood the goal differently - as having the "hug" or
> "handshake" action executed automatically using IK only. That
> certainly
> wouldn't work.

No, no, I'm not actually insane. :)