[sldev] Why hasn't Linden Lab implemented WRITING to NOTECARD?

Fire fire at b3dMultitech.com
Thu Jun 11 02:46:48 PDT 2009

Hi Dzonatas,  thanks for the response.

you wrote:

*"When you edit a notecard, it creates a new UUID for each new version of
the notecard."*

This is interesting,  I'm curious though, why is each consequitive "save"
allocated a new UUID?

Does this mean, when I open a notecard, type a few lines, press save, then
type a few more lines, press save, two UUID's would have been dispatched?
Or do you mean, if you copy the notecard from one prim to another - a
separate UUID is dispatched?

-- while on the subject of notecard content - I'm wondering if Linden Labs
has ever heard the request for HTML / live web content made available in
notecards.  It might add quite an interesting dimension to SL.  With the
proper xml handshaking / scripting code having a direct to the web would
open up a tonne of interesting concoctions.  Certainly would make inworld
user manuals prettier.  Would allow for the publications of magazines in
HTML, etc etc..

hmmm... ok, I'll stop before I go too far down the rabit hole... heh