[sldev] Late night thoughts on ways to prevent griefing

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 04:43:29 PDT 2009

On 2009-06-13, at 00:17, <malachi at tamzap.com> <malachi at tamzap.com>
wrote:
> what if LL slapped a nice little charge on scripts. be it a 10L per
> script
> charge. or a method of forcing residents to age and payment verify
> before
> given the ability to create scripts. [...]

People keep suggesting this. If you had to pay to "upload" scripts
when I joined SL, I wouldn't have joined SL. You don't just "upload"
scripts once and have done with them, like textures, you're always
editing and re-editing it.

The only way to stop griefer alts is to go back to June 2006 and
require payment info for EVERYONE. They should never have opened the
grid up to unverified accounts in the first place. People can grief
without scripts, they can't grief without an account.