[sldev] [ANN]Links to various Second Life compatible viewers: C++, C#, GPL, BSD, etc

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Mon Jun 15 09:28:16 PDT 2009

Lawson English wrote:
> Mike Monkowski wrote:
>
>> There used to be a wiki article "Alternate viewers."  Someone redirected
>> that page to one called "Downloads."  You can find the information
>> there.  I must say, though, that "Alternate viewers" seems a lot more
>> descriptive than "Downloads".
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Hi Mike, yeah, that link is  there and someone (you?) corrected it.
> However, there are viewers not based on LL code, and there
> is at least one client lib (pyogp) written totally in Python. I've also
> heard rumors of a libmov-derived viewer project written in C++.
>
> I expect others to appear as time goes on.

Well, my bad. Not only is the Alternate views link NOT fixed, but there
are links to both
GPL-derived and libmov viewers randomly listed.

I'll try to work off the existing page (does "Second Life Compatible
viewers" sound like
a reasonable title for the page?) and reindex the existing viewers'
links and add the ones linked from the Groupies
page under the appropriate heading.

Redundancy, aint it awesomely wonderful?